ТЕМА: Batoo

Batoo преди 15 години 5 месеца #733

• Lazarov
  • ИЗКЛЮЧЕН
  • Glass-bead Master
  • President of Weiqiland
Batoo

Iztochnik: Alexander Dinerstein

Most of Korean kids are enjoying Starcraft, Warcraft, Lineage and similar computer
games.
Few months ago they created a hybrid of Go and Starcraft, called Batoo (name comes from baduk+ chantoo, which is "battle" in Korean language)
You can read the rules here an check Batoo example at the attachment (with my own commentary).

1. The board is 11 by 11
2. There are + 5 points zones - A6, F11, L6 and F1. The player who puts the stone here gets extra 5 points
3. There are -5 points zones -C9, J9, C3 and J3 (all san-sans). The player who puts his stone here loses 5 points.
4. It's possible to make one of your moves hidden. The opponent will not know where is it. It's a powerful weapon!
5. Before the start of the game each player makes 3 moves anywhere, so each game starts with 3 White and 3 Black stones
6. They use bidding for deciding turns to play. The one, who gives more points - plays first

The video translation of the attached game with live commentary of Kim Seungryung, 9p is available here (50mb):
download.batoo.com/Media/01_bestvideo.wmv

More videos can be found here: www.batoo.com/MediaList.aspx

Lot of money were invested into this project. The site is officially supported by top4 Korean pros - Lee Sedol, Lee Changho, Yoo Changhyuk and Cho Hunhyun, and they
have lot of other famous pros, competing in Batoo tournaments - Park Chiun, 9-dan, Kang Donyun, 8-dan, Yun Chunsang, 7-dan, Hong Seungchi, 7-dan, Lee Youngkyu, 7-dan, Won Seoungchin, 8-dan, Choi Cheolhan, 9-dan and others.

I watched several videos with live commentaries of Kim Seungryung, 9-dan and Kim Chimyoung, ama 5-dan and I think that Batoo is a fun game, where you can
watch pro players, who make 30-kyu mistakes, because they cannot see all stones on the board, but I don't think that this game will attract lot of new players.
Everything can happen in Batoo, but even experienced 10-kyu has no chances of beating a pro player. It is still necessary to know yose, good and bad shapes. It's
important to see the possibilities of invading and know life&death situations well. Strong Go players have clear advantage in Batoo. I saw the qualification tables of
Batoo tournaments and it's clear that top baduk pros have better score against unknown baduk pros. It will not be a surprise, if Lee Sedol or Lee Changho wins the Batoo Invitational cup, just because they are stronger baduk players than others.
Orbis terrarum est speculum Ludi. Земният свят е огледало на Играта.
Администраторите са забранили публикуването за гости.

Отг: Batoo преди 14 години 9 месеца #1245

• Bayraktarov
  • ИЗКЛЮЧЕН
  • Administrator
  • Магистър Го
  • Thank you received: 2
Батоо е вариант на Го.

Названието на варианта е получено по схемата:
batoo = BAduk + chanTOO, бадук е корейското название на Го, а чантоо (чанту) значи война, битка. Дъската на батоо изглежда така:

Батоо, за разлика от класическото Го, е възможно само в киберсреда.
Primum edere, deinde filosophari.
Администраторите са забранили публикуването за гости.
  • Страница:
Time to create page: 0.524 seconds